I am a proud Kokatha woman from the far west coast of South Australia. I have always had a passion for health and caring for others. I chose to become a nurse to help our mob no longer be a statistic in health care. I want our current and future generation to live a long healthy life.
I have had a lot of setbacks on the path to achieving my dream to become a nurse. But I have worked hard and stayed committed. I want Indigenous youth to know that anything you aspire to be is possible.
By being an Indigenous nurse and an ambassador for Bright Youth I hope to inspire and provide a pathway to help other youth interested in health to become the next future leaders in closing the gap.
- Bachelor of Nursing 2014
- Poche Centre for Indigenous Health Scholarship 2013-2014.
- Face of Adelaide Fashion Festival 2014
- Ceduna Area School Aboriginal Student of the Year 2011
- SAASTA (South Australian Aboriginal Sports Training Academy) Student of the Year 2011
- Most Positive Attitude Award SAASTA 2010-11